Monday, May 26, 2008

Restaurants

Last night we went to Landmarc at the TimeWarner Center. There was a row of strollers outside the door, a great sign of its kid-friendly approach. There's plenty of room around the tables so you can pull up a stroller next to the table and not feel like the pasta from the next table is going to fall onto your kids head. The music was a bit loud and it could use a little more light (shit, I sound like an old man), but overall it was a nice experience.

Coincidentally, I came across this article on Slate. http://www.slate.com/id/2191912

There are other practices at restaurants that I do not care for. Top of the list is when the bus boy starts clearing your plate before everyone else is done with their meal. Why do they do that? Is it to hint to the other person(s) that they are taking too long with their meal? Do they think they are doing me a favor by giving me more elbow room? How would you feel if you were invited to someone's house and they take their plate into the kitchen while you still have food in your plate? It's rude and serves no purpose other than making you eat faster.

Whatever the reason, I don't like it and from now on I will tell the bus boy that I want to hold on to my plate until everyone else at the table is done eating. Let's get back to a more civilized dining experience.

No comments: