Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Night Off

I saw Iron Man last night and I was very impressed. They did a great job of building the Tony Stark character and Robert Downey Jr was a great casting decision for the role. The best line in the movie belongs to Gwyneth Paltrow with "I occasionally have to put out the trash".

Of course I am biased in liking a Marvel movie as I have a collection of over 2000 comic books. They are mainly Spiderman and X-Men, but I do have a considerable number of Avengers, The Incredible Hulk, and I think I have the complete set of Alpha Flight series. Probably the only one south of Canada ;-) Iron man makes appearances in many issues of the Avengers.

It was good to have a night out, even if it was by myself, alone, in a dark theater. Sounds kinda sordid, like Pee-wee Herman, except for the movie genre. With the exception of being able to ask "So, what did you think about the movie?", I actually don't mind going to the movies by myself.

I am looking forward to the Indiana Jones and Batman movies coming out. Although the previews for the Hulk looked promising. Seeing Edward Norton as Bruce Banner might actually be a draw for me.

No comments: