Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lost

So I'm not totally up on pop culture, but who can blame a dad of 2. But I was well on my way to becoming totally with-it. How? Well, I'll tell you my secret. For the past couple of months, I've been catching up on Lost. That's right! The ABC series that has been on air for about 5 seasons.

abc.com has a viewer where I could watch all the back episodes of Lost whenever I desired. I had seen most of the episodes from season 1, but season 2 and onward were totally blank.

So there I am, being a great consumer and watching the 3 minutes of total advertisements from Tylenol, Aquafresh, Target, and Jack-in-the-Box with my almost-daily dose of Lost. Then today, I go to catch up on Season 3, episode 6 and what do I see? Nothing!!!!

Only season 1 and 5 are now available. No apologies, no site under construction, nothing! Is this how ABC treats loyal freeloaders? I even participated in a couple of surveys they threw at me, just to be nice and give something back to them. Man, that's cold.

I'm hoping that it's only a programming error and someone will fix it soon. But if it isn't, please tell me where I can get the remaining episodes of season 3 and 4. This is how companies encourage piracy. If you left the episode up on your site, made people register, offer them other shows they may like, and basically use them as marketing extensions, we would all be happy.

But, NO! You have to go and yank that stuff off the site and now I have no way of watching it other than a) buying the DVD's (not gonna happen) or b) watch a pirated episode off BearShare or the like.

Still can't believe it.

No comments: