Tuesday, November 25, 2008

iPod-itty

I managed to upload all the 300+ CD's I had onto my iPod last year. It took me a while, but I was very pleased with the clutter that the iPod replaced. I have created a playlist for S and play it often for the kids. On occasion, I let the thing go nuts on random, playing jazz, rap, metal, and whatever else I have on there.

As background: I call S my little monkey. About a year ago, while the iPod was on free-flow mode, Brass Monkey by the Beastie Boys came on. Although not a song in her repertoire, S recognized the word "monkey" in the lyrics and took a liking to the song. Ever since, she asks for me to put on "Chunky Monkey" on the iPod. What happens is that I select "Licensed to Ill" and Brass Monkey and we proceed to dance to it.

Last night was another Chunky Monkey night, but this time S had her drum that she had made in pre-school. It's basically a formula can with some stuff that she glued on during their music session. So she starts banging on the drum, dancing and having a merry old time. Of course, I have to play the song at least 5 times, before it's ok for the random function to select the next song on the album.

The next song that came on was Girls. S told me to stop the music. As I did, she ran out of the room and I could tell she was rummaging in her room. I went after her to see what was up. She told me she's looking for her xylophone!!! Can you believe that? She likened the beginning notes of the song to a xylophone and wanted to play along. This kid's a genius, I tells ya.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about...


It makes a papa proud. sniff...

1 comment:

johnworld said...

i think you have music in your future

pook went to her thanksgiving thing at school today