Saturday, November 1, 2008

Freaky Halloween story

Everyone has been telling us about Halloween on Kenneth Road. "It's huge!", "a big deal", "tons of people" they said. So I got 5 bags of candy instead of the usual 4. The 5th being a bag of Whoppers which I like. We're ready to go with S dressed as Cinderella and G as a frog. I decided to stay home and dole out the candy.

As a side note, Halloween is my least favorite commercial holiday. It's not because of the candy, the scary masks, or the death-centric theme of the whole day. It boils down to the fact that I'm a lazy bastard and don't want to get up every 2 minutes to answer the door bell. ESPECIALLY, when the older kids make no effort to get creative with their costumes; and I'm even less tolerant of the slackers who just show up with a pillowcase and a Freddy Kruger mask. At least wear a fucking striped shirt to show me you care. Horizontal stripes, you moron!!!

Kenneth Road on Halloween is like the Vegas strip on a weekend. No joke. A lot of scary/ugly looking people walking around with their kids. I even saw 2 Elvises (or is that Elvi). Needless to say we ran out of candy. I was going to go out trick-or-treating with S again just to get some more candy. Not to give out, silly, but to keep for me!

The road was packed. People drive here to go trick or treating. That's really lame! C'mon folks. Too cheap to make your own neighborhood attractive for ONE evening? So there are cars all over the place and this guy is blocking my driveway just as our guests are leaving. When I approach the car to ged rid of him, he says "Hey Armodad! How are you doing?" It's someone who I hadn't seen in over 10 years. We were good friends growing up in Boston, but then he moved away and I moved 3 times after that. What are the chances of that happening? Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaky!

... OK, so he's Armo, too, and I now live in the middle (Northwest actually) of Armoville, CA. I suppose the odds aren't that off (7:5, maybe 5:3). Happy day after Halloween. Go wipe the chocolate off the keyboard.

No comments: