Thursday, November 20, 2008

Brush with Greatness

I don't know if any of you remember the old David Letterman show on NBC. That was when he was on at 12:30 after Carson. He had some great skits with Chris Elliot and Larry Bud Melman. He also had a section, similar to Know Your Cuts of Meat, that he called Brush with Greatness but it was not scripted and people were more believable. It was basically people telling their stories of how they accidentally met someone famous, someone famous gave them the finger, so silly things like that.

So my brush with greatness occurred last Saturday night at the AYF reunion dance in Montabello. I was talking to a friend from the east coast, when this pudgy guy walks behind me and says hi to the person I was talking to. Then he keeps on walking. You know who the pudgy guy was? Ken Davitian. And for all of you who are too lazy to click on the hyperlink, he's Borat's sidekick.

So there you have it. I'm in LA less than 2 months and famous actors are saying hi to people that I'm chatting up. I know I'll be beating up the paparazzi staking my house soon. That's because Nicole Richi lives up the street from me. All I got in New York City was the bum on the stoop of the Russian church asking me for change every Saturday and Sunday. You've come a long way, baby!

For all you new readers of Armodad (there's at least 1 of you), if you didn't get the sarcasm in the above paragraph, please re-read it and roll your eyes as you're doing so. That should give you the full effect.

1 comment:

johnworld said...

all you need now is a naked romp in khazastan

miss you guys

sacha cohen