Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Step 1

We have selected the movers. I am already sick of thinking about the move and how much I am going to get screwed by anyone we pick. So Harrington Movers are going to pack and move us. They are part of National Van Lines. Bottom line is that MLW and I felt that they were going to screw us less.

After spending close to 30 minutes on the phone with a Mayflower affiliate in NY, I came to the conclusion that the estimate that anyone of these companies provides is basically complete BS. They either lowball you trying to get the business and then they stick it to you with "well, you never told us that you use these closets to store actual stuff" or they estimate high and give you a 1% discount at the end.

At the moment, I'm planning on asking for the exact weight of my shipment to try and minimize our pain. Let's see how successful I'll be. rest assured that there will be more posts regarding this, including any flaming of Harrington and its owner Jeff, who actually did the estimate.

No comments: