Sunday, August 31, 2008

Shoulda gone all the way

I read on the BBC web site about a man in Nigeria who is going to divorce 82 of his wives. The kicker is that he's going to keep 4 of them. The report doesn't say who are the lucky 4; The first 4, last 4, or "the best" of 86.

I would hate, hate, hate to be in his shoes. Imagine if you will, wedding number 56:
Soon to be wife #56: How about a July wedding?
Bello: Aaaakh. What is it with you women and July weddings? I've gotten married in July TWENTY-SEVEN times already. I gotta tell you, it's hot in July in Nigeria. Really hot! How about January?
STBW56: Isn't Dora, your 17th wife's, birthday in January? I want our wedding to be special and don't want that skank's birthday to ruin it.
Bello: It will be special my little macadamia, but forget July. Let's make it September. That way little Stephie, my 23rd daughter, can be the flower girl and we'll have Aaron, my son from wife number 53, be the ring bearer. You see 23 and 53 are both prime numbers. Prime numbers for my primo bride. What do you say?

BTW this guy is only 84 years old, so must have married 2 women in the same year MORE THAN ONCE. Shit! US Governors of eastern states have nothin' on this guy!

So now the worst part: After many years of blissful marriage(s), Bello has to first pick the 4 to stay with and then tell the other 82 that things are just not working. Imagine this guy's legal bill. Hooooooly.....

2 comments:

johnworld said...

dear armodad, 27 a prime number?

tut! tut!

good to have you back

bello

Armo Dad said...

Dear Mr. johnworld,
I have corrected my error in the post, although my intention was to imply that the 56th wife was not primo. Looking back at the post I noticed that I used the number 23, so I kept with that so now #56 may actually be one of the lucky 4.
I'll talk to you tomorrow and we'll plan an outing for gin and tonics.
-Armodad