Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Armenians and exercise

I went running around the reservoir for the 2nd time since my significant event. I was really hoping that the pain that forced me to quickly abort the first attempt would not recur. This time, I walked to the reservoir and started with a light jog. By the half-way mark, I was in full stride, sans pain. I did the whole 1.5 miles in 18 minutes; that's a 12 minute mile. Not bad, eh?

On my jog, I was happy to pass an older gentleman, about 10 years younger than my dad. Which got me thinking: Growing up, I never saw my dad exercise and to this day, exercising for my dad is when he has to walk down the 2 flights of steps to go outside for a smoke. And I don't know of any Armenian my dad's age that exercises on a regular basis.

Why is that? Answers please.

1 comment:

johnworld said...

good question

glad you are back and able to circle the reservoir